Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
subscription ran out

Tue Jul 28 2015, 15:37 by juliecg

hi all thanks for the add
does anybody know how I could update my starview 7 box as my …

Comments: 0

greetings

Mon Jul 13 2015, 05:27 by guffie999

just a few words thanking the people [ & mods ]  on this forum for accepting my application to …

Comments: 4

sly f5 boxes

Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:06 by renault786

hello everyone new to all this, anyone know about slyf5 box

Comments: 1

Affiliates
Get a free Giffgaff Sim ... MrModchips Newsdemon

VM changeover update (Please read )

3 posters

Go down

VM changeover update (Please read ) Empty VM changeover update (Please read )

Post by jonpc Wed Dec 02 2009, 12:01

Taken from another site (thanks 666

As you know our customers in Leeds, Harrogate and York have been busy swapping their TV viewing cards over the last few weeks so the time has now arrived today, Tuesday 1 December, to switch off the first set of channels (Sky Sports 1 / Sky Movies Premier +1 and Zee TV) and start the transition over to the new platform. After we've had a chance to review the impact a further set of channels will switch off tomorrow at 2pm (All premiums including Sky Sports and Movies, ESPN channels and all plus 1's).

The impact of this upon Sales is that we expect to see an increase in calls and sales enquiries from this area of those people that have been viewing our TV for free by fraudulent means but have now decided to buy our TV service legitimately.
This group of people won't have received a new card to swap and will therefore be unable to switch back on those channels which are being switched off on the old platform.

There is a high likelihood that these customers will choose to buy on-line, however many will call in or visit one of our stores; they are also unlikely to admit to previously taking our services for free.

Please be aware though that some people may mention that they have lost some of their channels, if this is the case then check to see if they are a TV customer and if they aren't then explain that we don't have them recorded as a customer and that you are able to arrange for them to receive our TV service (some customers may want to up-sell too if they have been fraudulently taking additional channels on top of their M TV service). thanks datrippa

jonpc

Number of posts : 2835
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

VM changeover update (Please read ) Empty Re: VM changeover update (Please read )

Post by jonpc Wed Dec 02 2009, 19:31

jonpc

Back to top Go down

VM changeover update (Please read ) Empty Re: VM changeover update (Please read )

Post by bigluby Wed Dec 02 2009, 22:38

does this mean starview boxes are no good now .cheers

bigluby

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jonpc Wed Dec 02 2009, 23:14

bigluby wrote:does this mean starview boxes are no good now .cheers

This is only happening in the Leeds area at the moment,through time it will be spread out to the rest of the UK so all boxes including Starview will go down.

The problem you have at moment is only an area problem and the box should be back on soon.

jonpc

Back to top Go down

Post by bigluby Wed Dec 02 2009, 23:22

what if you subscribe to the basic package on virgin , will starview still go off . thanks for your help

bigluby

Back to top Go down

Post by jonpc Wed Dec 02 2009, 23:25

Yes it will still go off,there is no fix.

jonpc

Back to top Go down

Post by bigluby Thu Dec 03 2009, 00:13

will there be any updates or will the boxes be no good

bigluby

Back to top Go down

Post by homesaint Thu Dec 03 2009, 11:59

bigluby wrote:will there be any updates or will the boxes be no good
If it is the dreaded N3 then I don't think so. It's the end of the road I think.
homesaint
homesaint
Adviser
Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigluby Thu Dec 03 2009, 13:02

thanks mate was going to buy the latest starview boxes but i'll think i'll wait to see what happens,thanks again everybody for your help we would all be stuck a long time ago without your help

bigluby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down