Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
subscription ran out

Tue Jul 28 2015, 15:37 by juliecg

hi all thanks for the add
does anybody know how I could update my starview 7 box as my …

Comments: 0

greetings

Mon Jul 13 2015, 05:27 by guffie999

just a few words thanking the people [ & mods ]  on this forum for accepting my application to …

Comments: 4

sly f5 boxes

Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:06 by renault786

hello everyone new to all this, anyone know about slyf5 box

Comments: 1

Affiliates
Get a free Giffgaff Sim ... MrModchips Newsdemon

Unable to view all channels on Kryptview A780

3 posters

:: Kryptview

Go down

Unable to view all channels on Kryptview A780 Empty Unable to view all channels on Kryptview A780

Post by obrien50 Tue Jan 24 2012, 19:51

Thanks in advance for any help,
I have a new Kryptview A780 and have downloaded and installed firmware on the box next i disconnected box from laptop then connected it with ethernet cable to Virgin Super Hub wireless router and updated software. I removed ethernet cable and connected direct line onto kryptview went to easy install and did search selected network provider clicked OK both TV and Radio channels found and shown in list. I am able to listen to Radio Channels and FTA TV channels however if I select sports or movie channels a dialogue appears on screen "no video or scrambeled". I have reflashed with firmware several times but still end with the same result. Hope someone can help this is driving me mad.

obrien50

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Unable to view all channels on Kryptview A780 Empty Re: Unable to view all channels on Kryptview A780

Post by morehelpme Tue Jan 24 2012, 20:46

make sure it was the 780 file you flashed the box with and do the s/w update to get the latest .factory reset and rescan and select another net id and see if that gives you all the channels,wrong net id usually means channels not working.
box should only be needed to be flashed once then updated by s/w with remote and scans should always be done on a main feed with no splitters or extensions used.

morehelpme

Number of posts : 2148
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Unable to view all channels on Kryptview A780 Empty Re: Unable to view all channels on Kryptview A780

Post by jonpc Tue Jan 24 2012, 23:38

The router and box must be connected at all times via ethernet cable

State which firmware is on the box Menu--System Info--What Date

Check the correct Net ID is being used with a VM sub box,Settings--Tech Stuff--Net ID top of the list

jonpc

Number of posts : 2835
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by morehelpme Wed Jan 25 2012, 00:07

we always said to remove lan to scan only and when finished scanning plug back in again.

morehelpme

Back to top Go down

Post by obrien50 Wed Jan 25 2012, 18:38

morehelpme wrote:make sure it was the 780 file you flashed the box with and do the s/w update to get the latest .factory reset and rescan and select another net id and see if that gives you all the channels,wrong net id usually means channels not working.
box should only be needed to be flashed once then updated by s/w with remote and scans should always be done on a main feed with no splitters or extensions used.

Thanks for the response,
This is what is installed on the box,
System Info 29/11/11
Software Version KV PV4.1.00
H/W Version V3.0.0
I have no splitters or extensions only a direct feed in have done factory reset and only one net id available have scanned got full TV and Radio listings but cannot get encrypted channels, screen displays "scrambled no video" . After scanning how long should I Leave box switched of and should the direct line
in still be connected before powering back on or just the ethernet cable. I wish easy installation was easy I have been at this for a week now need another lie down head is spinning.

obrien50

Back to top Go down

Post by obrien50 Thu Jan 26 2012, 05:52

morehelpme wrote:we always said to remove lan to scan only and when finished scanning plug back in again.

Should a splitter be connected to the main line in after scanning has been completed so there is a connection to both wireless router and KV box. Once again Thanks.

obrien50

Back to top Go down

Post by jonpc Thu Jan 26 2012, 10:35

As before box needs to be connected to net at all times to receive encrypted channels.(non FTA)

This is a set-up you could use,

VM wall socket to 3-way splitter,
1,connecting to KV box,
2,connecting to modem,
3 connecting to VM sub box (if you have one.
Ethernet cable connecting from router to box if not connected no encrypted channels will be received.
This is not the only set-up that can be used.

jonpc

Number of posts : 2835
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by obrien50 Thu Jan 26 2012, 18:02

Thanks to all who posted answers to my problem especially jonpc for his advice on splitters. At last I'm up and running no more headaches.
Once again I appreciate all the advice given by you guys. So what's on TV em can't decide what to watch.

obrien50

Back to top Go down

Post by morehelpme Thu Jan 26 2012, 20:57

ok turn tv off simple lol.

morehelpme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down