Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
subscription ran out

Tue Jul 28 2015, 15:37 by juliecg

hi all thanks for the add
does anybody know how I could update my starview 7 box as my …

Comments: 0

greetings

Mon Jul 13 2015, 05:27 by guffie999

just a few words thanking the people [ & mods ]  on this forum for accepting my application to …

Comments: 4

sly f5 boxes

Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:06 by renault786

hello everyone new to all this, anyone know about slyf5 box

Comments: 1

Affiliates
Get a free Giffgaff Sim ... MrModchips Newsdemon

SVHD COMBO LAN FIX -- Fixes problems cannot change firmware and Mac gone 2010

4 posters

Go down

SVHD COMBO LAN FIX -- Fixes problems cannot change firmware and Mac gone 2010 Empty SVHD COMBO LAN FIX -- Fixes problems cannot change firmware and Mac gone 2010

Post by dooby2oon Sun Jun 20 2010, 17:17

THIS IS FOR THE STARVIEW HD COMBO + LAN ONLY, IF YOURS DOES NOT HAVE THE BUILT IN LAN PORT DO NOT USE THIS FIX!!!!!

You will need:
A computer with a serial port
A Null modem 9 pin serial cable (as used on the starview 1 - 3)
Connect the SV HD to the computer using the serial cable and attach to mains (leave turned off by switch on back)
UNZIP the file downloaded
open HD-200_Download.exe
Choose COM 1 (unless you have connected it to a different port)
Select software (HD300N_SC_RS232_1.bin)
Turn on receiver with rear switch
bar will start counting to 100%
WAIT UNTIL SOFTWARE SAYS COMPLETE!!!!
Turn receiver off and then back on
P.S. This will also recover 'bricked' SVHD's (if there are any lights still on)
Once complete the receiver will be as factory provided.
If your Starview HD has lost its MAC address this is what you need to do next:
Go to accessory - network - ip config
Set IP to manual
You can now edit the MAC address back to the original receivers address - Your mac address is on a sticker inside the receiver (you can see it through the vents on the top)
apply then exit.
Then you can start from scratch loading which ever firmware you choose.
Try latest knightrider

http://www.4shared.com/file/bCGcTEUM/SVHDFIX.html
dooby2oon
dooby2oon

Male
Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-08-11

http://www.freewebs.com/dooby2oon/

Back to top Go down

SVHD COMBO LAN FIX -- Fixes problems cannot change firmware and Mac gone 2010 Empty Re: SVHD COMBO LAN FIX -- Fixes problems cannot change firmware and Mac gone 2010

Post by tonz62uk Sat Oct 13 2012, 19:25

hi there, have followed your tut on resetting my sv hd combo+ by to factory provided, now i have installed the latest carling firmware and put in an active newcamd line did a rescan found all channels but sly 1,s are scrambled have checked and re checked all info i put in but nothing but fta channels, (just a note the newcamd line is active as i use it on my dreambox) any help in getting my box up and running would be gratefull thanks again .Smile

tonz62uk

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-08

Back to top Go down

SVHD COMBO LAN FIX -- Fixes problems cannot change firmware and Mac gone 2010 Empty Re: SVHD COMBO LAN FIX -- Fixes problems cannot change firmware and Mac gone 2010

Post by jonpc Sat Oct 13 2012, 19:42

If all is correct with the cline,perhaps the server is set up for only one box and your pay server will charge more for two.

jonpc

Number of posts : 2835
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by tonz62uk Sat Oct 13 2012, 20:21

thanks for response, im using 1 box at a time, the reason i did the reset was because i had just bought it and found that the mac was at 0a 00 00 00 so did above, put box mac in and did instal can get to network to put in cline or newcamd but my channels are scrambled, i just dont kno whats wrong, checked ethernet works checked cline it works, just a note server allows 2 box,s on same ip. can you maybe guide me thru from scratch with firmware and software, your help is apprieciated,

tonz62uk

Back to top Go down

Post by morehelpme Sat Oct 13 2012, 23:04

if you did a factory reset or reflash you will have to reenter server details and any code to enable.

morehelpme

Number of posts : 2148
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tonz62uk Sun Oct 14 2012, 03:21

thanks for responce, but to make it clear to all, i did a reset to factory setting, changed mac in ip settings applied then installed carling 1. went to network input info of cline supplied did a scan , scrambled sly, ethernet active cline active all leads connected but no sly plenty fta, so whats missing in my box, help thanked.

tonz62uk

Back to top Go down

Post by morehelpme Sun Oct 14 2012, 11:17

morehelpme

Number of posts : 2148
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down