Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
subscription ran out

Tue Jul 28 2015, 15:37 by juliecg

hi all thanks for the add
does anybody know how I could update my starview 7 box as my …

Comments: 0

greetings

Mon Jul 13 2015, 05:27 by guffie999

just a few words thanking the people [ & mods ]  on this forum for accepting my application to …

Comments: 4

sly f5 boxes

Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:06 by renault786

hello everyone new to all this, anyone know about slyf5 box

Comments: 1

Affiliates
Get a free Giffgaff Sim ... MrModchips Newsdemon

NTL Ireland rolls out Nagra 3 encryption

Go down

NTL Ireland rolls out Nagra 3 encryption Empty NTL Ireland rolls out Nagra 3 encryption

Post by soulcat Wed Apr 01 2009, 23:10

Rumours suggest that NTL Ireland is in the process of rolling out Nagra 3, a more secure encryption system that is likely to have a big impact on cable piracy.

Over the past two weeks a number of channels have moved over to what appears to be Nagra 3 encryption, with the following channels apparently affected:
Adult channel
Playboy
TVX
The Box
Zee TV
Chelsea FC
Celtic FC
Liverpool FC
MUTV
Setanta Sports 1 & 2
Setanta golf
Racing UK
ESPN America
God Channel

The move should especially protect NTL Ireland against cable piracy, as at present Nagravision’s N3 encryption is believed to be secure.

Already enjoying wide use already within Europe, especially in satellite broadcasts, Nagra 3 encryption is likely to impact anyone in Ireland currently accessing paid for cable content via boxes such as the Eurovox, Starview, Kryptview, and other modified cable boxes.

There has been no official announcement from UPC, which owns the service.

It also remains to be seen whether Virgin Media are also planning to move to N3 encryption in the UK.

While Virgin Media has been rumoured to be considering a move to the Nagra 3 encryption, there has been no official comment on the possibility of such a move, and a press spokesperson for Virgin Media was unable to provide any details.
soulcat
soulcat
Adviser
Adviser

Male
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down