Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
subscription ran out

Tue Jul 28 2015, 15:37 by juliecg

hi all thanks for the add
does anybody know how I could update my starview 7 box as my …

Comments: 0

greetings

Mon Jul 13 2015, 05:27 by guffie999

just a few words thanking the people [ & mods ]  on this forum for accepting my application to …

Comments: 4

sly f5 boxes

Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:06 by renault786

hello everyone new to all this, anyone know about slyf5 box

Comments: 1

Affiliates
Get a free Giffgaff Sim ... MrModchips Newsdemon

a little help if you dont mind

3 posters

Go down

a little help if you dont mind Empty a little help if you dont mind

Post by Boabiero Tue Dec 02 2008, 21:56

have just had a vm samsung box delivered today. (update from the old analogue box!) have a starview box also, and was just wondering if their is any way that you can get both boxes working at the same time?

vm samsung box came with three 1.5m cables, a splitter for tv and broadband and a little part for joining cables to extend the 1.5m cables.

i was thinking to get both boxes working could i use the two ports on the white box on the wall? one to the starview and one to the vm box? or could i use the splitter that came with the vm box and use one output to the vm box and one to the starview.

any help is much appreciated.

one more thing to update a starview box with the new autorole to save me putting keys in. what cable would i need to plug a laptop into the back of the box? and to be a real pain where could i buy one? local shops? or would it have to be bought on the internet?

thanks

RabbyD

Boabiero

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

a little help if you dont mind Empty Re: a little help if you dont mind

Post by growler321 Tue Dec 02 2008, 22:11

a splitter should do the job but u may find a few channels will freeze or break up alot u 2ndly u need a rs232 cable to update firmware not 4 lap top fits com port in on pc they can be found on ebay maplins any good pc shop should av them maplins may have good splitters also
growler321
growler321
Adviser
Adviser

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Boabiero Wed Dec 03 2008, 22:11

thanks growler. if one of the boxes was switched off woud the other still freeze or break up?

Boabiero

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by adiraian Wed Dec 03 2008, 22:13

Boabiero wrote:thanks growler. if one of the boxes was switched off woud the other still freeze or break up?
still might freeze....bcoz u r splitting the signal using splitter.......but there are few signal booster are available...
adiraian
adiraian
VIP
VIP

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by growler321 Wed Dec 03 2008, 22:28

if uv got a sobscribed box phone tw tell them yr channels r playing up no sig or breaking up u might need to do this a couple of time's eventually they will send u a booster my bro did this and it solved his bad channel prbs
growler321
growler321
Adviser
Adviser

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: