Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
subscription ran out

Tue Jul 28 2015, 15:37 by juliecg

hi all thanks for the add
does anybody know how I could update my starview 7 box as my …

Comments: 0

greetings

Mon Jul 13 2015, 05:27 by guffie999

just a few words thanking the people [ & mods ]  on this forum for accepting my application to …

Comments: 4

sly f5 boxes

Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:06 by renault786

hello everyone new to all this, anyone know about slyf5 box

Comments: 1

Affiliates
Get a free Giffgaff Sim ... MrModchips Newsdemon

Kryptview and Tivo

2 posters

:: Kryptview

Go down

Kryptview and Tivo  Empty Kryptview and Tivo

Post by Mic26 Sun Apr 06 2014, 20:12

I am very sorry if this has been asked and answered many times before but I cannot find a recent thread on it here

VM are trying to get me to buy a Tivo and saying it will be cheaper than my current V + box. Obviously they don't know that I have a KV in one of the other rooms and that works via a VM cable and an ethernet cable of course (Thanks to you guys on this site helping me set it up years ago ) . If I get a Tivo , I understand that uses an internet fibre rather than the old VM cable. Does this mean the KV will no longer work? For obvious reasons, I can't ask VM or the engineer about this I'm sure someone here will know the answer

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2012-01-29

Back to top Go down

Kryptview and Tivo  Empty Re: Kryptview and Tivo

Post by jonpc Mon Apr 07 2014, 12:35

Don't have the Tivo, but after reading your post Google Tivo/KV and found others using both with no problems.
The feeds for BB/TV (same cable) are already there don't think they will dig up the street just for your set-up, do you.
Tivo cheaper ? likely want you to download movies at a price.

jonpc

Number of posts : 2835
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic26 Mon Apr 07 2014, 12:43

jonpc wrote:Don't have the Tivo, but after reading your post Google Tivo/KV and found others using both with no problems.
The feeds for BB/TV (same cable) are already there don't think they will dig up the street just for your set-up, do you.
Tivo cheaper ? likely want you to download movies at a price.

Many thanks for this- I knew you'd have all the answers Smile
VM told my mum that if we don't change, we'll have to pay £5 extra AND we will no longer be supported if things go wrong SmileSmile

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by jonpc Mon Apr 07 2014, 12:50

Tivo may be offered cheaper for the first few months of contract then it may rise.
Tell VM you may leave will ensure Tivo will not be forced on you, not heard of any others being forced to accepted Tivo.

Just Google Kryptview Tivo again and most of the posts are yours.lol

jonpc

Number of posts : 2835
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic26 Mon Apr 07 2014, 13:02

jonpc wrote:Tivo may be offered cheaper for the first few months of contract then it may rise.
Tell VM you may leave will ensure Tivo will not be forced on you, not heard of any others being forced to accepted Tivo.

Just Google Kryptview Tivo again and most of the posts are yours.lol

They have given my mum an 18 month contract Smile

If one Googles "Sky News missing", most of the posts are mine but have you noticed how I don't write silly messages like that any more :)I understand why you were always making fun of me-Channels come and go. Even updating your Sticky is unnecessary though I find it soooooooo funny MUTV hasn't worked for a long time...Just like the team itself Smile

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down