Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
subscription ran out

Tue Jul 28 2015, 15:37 by juliecg

hi all thanks for the add
does anybody know how I could update my starview 7 box as my …

Comments: 0

greetings

Mon Jul 13 2015, 05:27 by guffie999

just a few words thanking the people [ & mods ]  on this forum for accepting my application to …

Comments: 4

sly f5 boxes

Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:06 by renault786

hello everyone new to all this, anyone know about slyf5 box

Comments: 1

Affiliates
Get a free Giffgaff Sim ... MrModchips Newsdemon

If the TPs change, does one always need to rescan?

5 posters

:: Kryptview

Go down

If the TPs change, does one always need to rescan? Empty If the TPs change, does one always need to rescan?

Post by Mic26 Thu Feb 02 2012, 11:45

Thanks for the update this morning.If the channels are still working for me here, should I still re-scan? What does it actually mean when a TP changes?

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2012-01-29

Back to top Go down

If the TPs change, does one always need to rescan? Empty Re: If the TPs change, does one always need to rescan?

Post by morehelpme Thu Feb 02 2012, 21:39

usually means the frequency has changed and if your box picks it up on the power scan maybe it has changed position on channel listing also.boxes that dont have power scan lose that channel until a rescan picks it up again.

morehelpme

Number of posts : 2148
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

If the TPs change, does one always need to rescan? Empty Re: If the TPs change, does one always need to rescan?

Post by Mic26 Thu Feb 02 2012, 22:03

morehelpme wrote:usually means the frequency has changed and if your box picks it up on the power scan maybe it has changed position on channel listing also.boxes that dont have power scan lose that channel until a rescan picks it up again.

Thank you for that. I don't think the TPs have changed in my area

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by maz96 Fri Feb 03 2012, 12:42

Hi my channel have all gone anyone else got the same problem in the midlands area

maz96

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFFYD Fri Feb 03 2012, 13:26

maz96 wrote:Hi my channel have all gone anyone else got the same problem in the midlands area
try turning the box off at the back for 30 sec and reboot your router first if this fails try doing a fac def and scan as the prob seems to be yours alone m8 as channels workin fine evrywhere else hope this helps m8 post back if yer get sorted SORRY M8 DONT BOTHER AS THEY OFF EVRWHERE SO JUST WAIT AND KEEP CHECKIN EM MUST BE DOIN WORK M8 SORRY FOR FIRST POST
TAFFYD
TAFFYD
VIP
VIP

Male
Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic26 Fri Feb 03 2012, 14:26

maz96 wrote:Hi my channel have all gone anyone else got the same problem in the midlands area

I have exactly the same problem Smile .I am in West London

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by baggiebri Fri Feb 03 2012, 14:31

Same here black country mate just gotta suck it and see
baggiebri
baggiebri

Male
Number of posts : 2033
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic26 Fri Feb 03 2012, 14:34

baggiebri wrote:Same here black country mate just gotta suck it and see

I see it is a nationwide thing though having looked elsewhere, I notice that we can still watch EDEN for example Smile

Hope this doesn't last too long. Has something like this happened before with so many going off? I only got my KV last month

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by baggiebri Fri Feb 03 2012, 14:40

Loads of times mate but with bit of luck should be back on sooner rather than later Smile
baggiebri
baggiebri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic26 Fri Feb 03 2012, 14:50

I have never known so many to go off all at once.That is based on my looking through the various message boards.
I like your messages as they stop me panicking-Many thanks!

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by maz96 Fri Feb 03 2012, 15:10

Don't worry tyffyd thanks for the info keep us updated.

maz96

Back to top Go down

Post by maz96 Fri Feb 03 2012, 15:13

Jonpc ur the man with all the info any news )????

maz96

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic26 Fri Feb 03 2012, 15:16

Jonpc has been ominously quiet today Sad

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by baggiebri Fri Feb 03 2012, 16:00

he is proberly busy in his day job mate we have to just sit back and wait
baggiebri
baggiebri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by baggiebri Fri Feb 03 2012, 16:04

if the server is down all will go off maybe the cold snap has frozen up the capacitors in the server or they run out of change for the meter

like i said mic26 the only advice that can be given at the moment is to wait and hope

dont worry be happy Very Happy
baggiebri
baggiebri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic26 Fri Feb 03 2012, 16:05

baggiebri wrote:he is proberly busy in his day job mate we have to just sit back and wait

No-He has been on here and also updated the Sticky. His advice is to rescan but I and many others have tried that without success Sad

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic26 Fri Feb 03 2012, 16:08

baggiebri wrote:if the server is down all will go off maybe the cold snap has frozen up the capacitors in the server or they run out of change for the meter

like i said mic26 the only advice that can be given at the moment is to wait and hope

dont worry be happy Very Happy

Thanks! But what upsets me is the variety of messages one gets here and the advice given. Some say-Just wait. Others say-Rescan. So what should I do? I am loath to rescan as it means doing a Factory Reset and potentially losing everything Sad

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by baggiebri Fri Feb 03 2012, 16:18

You won't lose everything mate Will pick back up all the channels but the the premium channels won't come back on till the server back up and running
baggiebri
baggiebri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic26 Fri Feb 03 2012, 16:25

baggiebri wrote:You won't lose everything mate Will pick back up all the channels but the the premium channels won't come back on till the server back up and running

I'd rather wait till everyone else has got their channels back Sad

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by baggiebri Fri Feb 03 2012, 16:28

Ok mate but it won't hurt or dam Smile age the box
baggiebri
baggiebri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by morehelpme Fri Feb 03 2012, 21:41

different problems have different fixes,not everything is the same,with server maintenance it usually comes back quickly,if vm do something to change things,maybe kv need to do a change also and downtime happens.

morehelpme

Number of posts : 2148
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mic26 Sat Feb 04 2012, 19:28

baggiebri wrote:Ok mate but it won't hurt or dam Smile age the box

Now the only problem is the snow and not the server Smile Thanks for all your help yesterday and patience is the best thing when this sort of thing happens. This message board makes it much easier to know what to do Smile Smile

Mic26
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down